Welcome to this BlogSpot! Feel free to comment, even if you disagree. Photo courtesy of John Sunderman
Sunday, May 5, 2019
THE LOGIC OF GOD, by Ravi Zacharias
This book s part apologetics and part devotional. It uses apologetics in 52 devotions. Apparently, these are supposed to cover each week of the year, if preferred. Ravi Zacharias starts this volume with an Introduction. Then he launches into each of his 52 devotions. Each devotion begins with a cover page containing a Bible verse. He ends each chapter with questions for personal reflection, and questions. The author ends his book with Acknowledgements, an author bio, and Notes on all the sources consult for each chapter. Ravi Zacharias, the author, describes himself as a former skeptic before he became a christian. He is the Found and President of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries and has written or edited over 25 books in theology, apologetics, camparative religion and philosophy.
This devotional is meant to be read slowly. Each of the 52 devotions is meant to be digested for a week, adding up to a year for all 52 devotions. Because of time constraints, I could not wade through devotions at that pace. I was glad that many of the illustrations are taken straight from the Bible, not from events in the life of the author or others around him. I averaged three or four devotions each day. The author makes his case for his principles in each devotion. At the end of each devotion, we have to ask ourselves a couple of questions that indicate that we have comprehended the gist of the chapter. Then we answer two questions that are personal, meant to apply Scripture to our own hearts and lives. The first two questions are meant to get the reader to pay attention to the material. The second two questions, often uncomfortable, are designed to personalize the devotion.
I recommend this devotional for all Christians at any level of spiritual maturity. It is designed for the Church to know God better and to influence those around them.
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for my honest review of this book? I was not required to give this book a favorable review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment