Welcome to this BlogSpot! Feel free to comment, even if you disagree. Photo courtesy of John Sunderman
Sunday, May 26, 2019
TRUTH PLUS LOVE, by Matt Brown
This is a "how to" book. It prescribes how we are to live. Matt Brown is an evangelist and an author. He is the Founder of THINK ETERNITY. It is a ministry dedicated to amplifying the Gospel every day to millions. This is done through devotionals, videos, live events, and more. Brown makes his home with his wife and children in Minnesota. Brown begins TRUTH PLUS LOVE with a Forward (written by Lee Strobel) and a Preface. Brown spreads his actual content throughout nine chapters. He wraps up his book with Acknowledgements and Notes for resources consulted for this book's content. Each Chapter begins with a cover page, which includes a Bible verse. And each chapter ends with questions fr self-reflection.
I just finished this book today. It predictably outlines how Christians reading the book should live. The author also provides specific details to make this work. The author starts with the premise that the average reader has experienced and authentic experience with the Person of Christ, not just the historical Jesus. The title can give the impression that the author will address specific matters like the "cultural issues" of abortion, gay marriage, racism, or what to do about entitlements or health care. I was glad that the author did not speak to any of these "cultural issues. I had expected that. The author's stress on how and why the Christian community have lost influence with "secular culture" and non-Christians. When the author showered that late Evangelist Billy Graham with praise near the end of this book, I found myself thinking about how a few in my family state that he lived an extravagant lifestyle. And I was thinking about his son, the Rev. Franklin Graham, and the latter's endorsement of someone who arguably who can be accurately called one of the most corrupt Presidents in American history. I'm relieved that the author did not address the hotly divisive topic of Donald Trump.
I recommend this book for every Christian, every pastor, and every Christian leader. I also recommend it for all regular and active church members.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment