Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome to 2014, My Friends, Visitors and Readers!



In just a matter of hours, in our different time zones, those of us in the developed world went from 2013 to 2014. To each of us from a variety of walks in life and our life situations, what does this mean? I spent last night finishing 2013 by reaching the 2000 "likes" milestone on one of my Facebook pages, titled after my blog for general readers, OnLifeLoveAndTruth. I successfully reached my desired milestone. I was saddened, however, that I had to finish 2013 without a person whom I was once very close to, because of an unresolved conflict and with whom I spent last New Year's Eve 2012 with. Why do we increase our expectations of holidays and what they should do for us? What would really be most beneficial to those in our lives, to the world, and to ourselves, in approaching all this?

I don't know about you, but I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I know that many see this as the time of year to lose weight gained over the holidays, or to implement other healthy living goals that promote physical and emotional health, like setting up exercise routines, letting go of harmful relationships, eating a more balanced diet, and more. I'm sure we have all experienced the grim reality that the making of New Year's resolutions, however, do not inspire or empower us to have self-control. We are not commanded anywhere in Scripture to make such resolutions, but we are commanded to develop self-control in all those areas of our lives where we experience temptation. I have my own goals for 2014, and setting goals is approved in Scripture, as long as they are designed to serve God and others. One of my goals is to get many more "likes" on my God-centered Facebook page, MyPrayerPage. This is only one of my goals, but that page is designed to glorify God and share His truth and His love with all "fans.". Those are the same purposes of this BlogSpot, though here, my faith is more implicit rather than explicit. This BlogSpot is for general readers.

I have goals for this BlogSpot, and plan changes for it. My hope and prayer is that I will successfully implement changes that will enable this blog to reach more people and so glorify God and share His truth and His love with all "followers", with more people and more effectively. I hope and pray to attract more followers of this BlogSpot and more people to share it. Most of the work belongs to me, but I cannot do all of it without you! If you have never hit the "follow" button at the top of your screen, I would like to see you do that, and subscribe by email. Or, you can subscribe in other ways by entering your email address into the email box on either sidebar. If you like or enjoy any of the posts or this blog, you can use the "share" options under any post or at the top of the BlogSpot, to pass on God's message which I pray is coming across here, in every post.

May 2014 be a most blessed, fulfilling, wonderful year for each and every one of you, my visitors, readers, and friends!

Sincerely,

Lisa DeSherlia

The photo at the top of this post is courtesy of MorgueFile.com and can be found here.

No comments: