Tuesday, August 18, 2015

To Any and All Who May Want An Abortion



Dear Reader:

I appeal to you if you are young, afraid, feel unsupported and feel that abortion is your only option.

I appeal to you if you find yourself pregnant and no one in your family wants you so.

I appeal to you if you have a girlfriend or wife in an unplanned pregnancy to which abortion seems the only solution.

I appeal to you if your family is full but you are, again, unhappily pregnant.

I appeal to you if you have a daughter or son who is now faced with a crisis pregnancy.

I appeal to you if you are happy in your career and find a pregnancy has interrupted it.

I appeal to you, male or female, who have no money, home or job but are dealing with a pregnancy.

I appeal to you if others are making you get an unwanted abortion, especially parents or your partner.

I appeal to you if you suffered rape or incest and see no option but abortion.

I appeal to you if the unborn child you are carrying, in testing, was found to have a "birth defect."

I appeal to you if you are dealing with an unwanted pregnancy for any reason or under any circumstances.

I know that culture is declaring that the solution to end your distress. Yes, I know it is legal. I know that, at least in the short run, it seems to be the solution. I know that many among us in the Christian community have shouted that it is wrong and are busy defending the humanity of the child in the unwanted pregnancy, but often we offer no more. That is why so many facing crisis pregnancies have made the choices they have, because they saw abortion as their only option. They may have been bullied into it, shamed into it, or talked into it. In many cases, we have failed to show love and compassion and give such people the help and support that they needed, to carry their babies to full term. On behalf of us in the Christian community, I apologize for our actions. We can and should do better, so that abortion will become unthinkable and so that other options will look more attractive to those of you for whom this post is intended.



You may have heard that it is your body and that it is a private matter, between you and God. I agree that your choice is between you and God What you do may seen only at a clinic, by a few staff and by you. But it will also be seen by God. I know that abortion may seem to "end" your distress over a crisis that you may desperately want out of your life. But it will create another set of problems. It will leave you with a sense of guilt that you have ended a human life, an innocent human life. Many who have experienced abortion may suppress or repress this guilt, and will not express any sorrow over their children lost to abortion. This culture forbids such grief. But if you turn to abortion, you will likely experience this grief that this culture will not approve of you expressing. Do you want that?

Whatever sort of crisis pregnancy you are dealing with and the circumstances facing you, there is help available for you. Please do not do anything rash or that you will forever regret and be unable to do over. The child inside you is a child created by God, with purposes, gifts and a destiny. Whatever your circumstances, God planned your child. You, your loved ones, and most of all, your child, deserve better than abortion. Please choose life. It will not be easy. But your child will appreciate you choosing life for him or her. What if your mom had not chosen life?

Please Visit Right Here To Find Help Now

No comments: