Thursday, December 3, 2015

Blogging on Blogging



This week my topic is about blogging and doing sites.
This post is about my blogging reflections and future plans.

This Blogger blog is my most established blog, by far. It is several years old. My posts have evolved with my passions about various topics, and as I have 324 posts total, I know that I may have limited ability to write posts here. I have a less established, newer, niche Blogger blog for the Christian community and inquiring non-Christians who want to know more about Christ and Christianity. You may have noticed that I don't use this blog as a personal journal, as many bloggers do. Nor do I use to to collect donations or monetize it through setting up Google Ads, though I have gotten prompts to do this. I do not know how long I will keep open this blog, as I seem to have maxed out on my followers count and I have two Wordpress.com blogs that focus on sanctity of life issues like abortion, crisis pregnancies, prolife legislation, and to focus on news and opinion posts concerning each of the four prolife petitions I have set up. I may stillkeep these Blogger blogs open, but post less often, maybe twice a month.

It seems Blogger is limiting some features. Weeks ago, I wanted to set up a page devoted to a prolife fundraiser I have set up, but the page does not show here and I seem to be unable to add any more pages. The same holds true of my niche blog for the Christian community and inquiring non-Christians. As for Wordpress.com, while it is free and optimized for mobile users, as Blogger blogs also are, its features and functionalities are limited. I was able to customize the background of the themes of both Wordpress.com blogs, so as to spruce up both blogs. Blogging on Blogger had advantages that Wordpress.com does not, as you can add third-party widgets and plg-ins there via their "Add a Third-Party Element" widget that can go in your sidebar (the side of a blog) or footer (the bottom of the blog). Yet that gets tempting, as I may have added too many, and may have to delete some to get the page to load faster and which I do not deem as essential. You may have noticed that I write many book reviews here, which I do because I signed up with two book review sites that allow bloggers to obtain books for free in exchange for reading those books and writing honest reviews on my blog.

Currently, I'm setting up a self-hosted Wordpress site, OneLadyFights4Life. I picked this domain name on advice and because I wanted to let the domain name illustrate what I'm all about--being a voice for those whose lives are often seen as less worthy or who are vulnerable. These include the unborn, children and adults with special needs, missing children and adults, and poor, oppressed and persecuted persons worldwide. I plan to write about topics like this from a prolife, Christian worldview. I have been spending much time in adding plugins, deleting plugins, and researching services that I know I need to optimize the site's performance. THe main services I seek are Search Engine Optimizaton (SEO) services, which rarely are free. And I need these services as my website does not appear in these major search engines yet. SEO is defined as optimizing a blog or a website to rank high in the major search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. I already have all the pages I want (at least for now), and a post that I have not published. But I fear I will not have time to maintain all these blogs so I fear that I will have to close my Blogger blogs or post bi-monthly so I can post more often on the site. Stay tuned for further developments.

If you are interested in visting this site, go here.

No comments: